Peanut butter cup ice cream, in your food processor. Booya!
(Makes about a quart of ice cream.)
3-4 overripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
sugar to taste (optional)
a splash of non-dairy milk or creamer, if needed
1/4 to 1/2 cup chocolate bark
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. At least several hours prior to making the ice cream, prepare the sweet peanut butter “filling.” Put the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Fold in the sugar; mix as best you can. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the sugar and peanut butter are one. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge for two hours or more to chill.
2. Once the peanut butter is cold, make the ice cream! Put the bananas in the food processor and pulse until smoothly blended. Most likely you’ll need to stir them by hand several times, as the frozen chunks tend to gather and become “stuck” on one side of the bowl. If necessary, add a splash of non-dairy milk or creamer to get things moving!
Alternately, you can allow the bananas to defrost on the counter top for 30 to 60 minutes beforehand, so that they’re easier to work with. Before putting them in the food processor, break them up into smaller chunks with a butter knife.
Note: Since introducing extra liquids (such as non-dairy milk) into the mix results in a slightly icier finished product, I prefer defrosting to non-dairy milk. If you’re in a hurry, pop the bananas in the microwave for 20 to 45 seconds instead.
3. If the bananas aren’t sweet enough for your taste (sometimes this happens if you freeze them before they’re sufficiently ripe), add a bit of sugar to taste. Any sugar works fine – white, brown, etc. – but I find that powdered sugar results in a smoother blend.
4. Add the cocoa powder pulse until well-blended. Add the chocolate bark and pulse several times, until they’re broken up into smaller chunks. Add the peanut butter batter in large spoonfuls; pulse several times, just enough to mix the chunks into the ice cream.
5. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container. Enjoy immediately as soft serve, or pop the ice cream in the freezer for an hour+ for a firmer dessert. Store any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container. If the frozen banana ice cream proves too hard to scoop, microwave it for ten seconds to help loosen it up (or let the container sit on the counter for ten to thirty minutes prior to eating, depending on room temp).
6. Serve topped with chocolate sprinkles; warm, melty chocolate; peanuts; and/or homemade chocolate sauce. You can’t go wrong!
via: veganfeast , source: fuckyeahveganicecream
- speedygnzlez reblogged this from veganfeast
- whatsleftofmenow likes this
- grinandbareit likes this
- secretsafeplace reblogged this from healthconsciousness
- adijavier likes this
- fetchingreveries likes this
- down-with-stuff likes this
- jamieraindrop likes this
- healthyforever reblogged this from veganfeast
- batshapedstars likes this
- zimbeline likes this
- lizspottokeep likes this
- xxtemple-of-starsxx reblogged this from tryvegan
- son-pereda likes this
- esseninmeingesicht reblogged this from golden-trash
- meaghanherself reblogged this from tryvegan
- theycallherdarling likes this
- beeeritani likes this
- healthconsciousness reblogged this from tryvegan
- poppingrandomness likes this
- theoceansandthecities likes this
- theshitfacedgatsby reblogged this from fuckyeahveganicecream and added:
- daysonend likes this
- fuzzycreatures likes this
- shennyrambling likes this
- letsmeetinourdreams likes this
- yackattack likes this
- lowhistaminegirl likes this
- shaarii8 likes this
- sarahsaurusss likes this
- conceptbug likes this
- circa-eightyfour likes this
- kimb-o likes this
- joshiirox likes this
- rylanrawlsmom likes this
- pepperhann likes this
- wuttheheckcomeaftersix likes this
- mutant-amy reblogged this from tryvegan
- ashleyrobertson likes this
- heyfranhey likes this
- eyjafjalllajokulll likes this
- enicoleh likes this
- thislife-isyours reblogged this from tryvegan
- wordplaydre likes this
- misspsychodoll likes this
- deemoncat reblogged this from veganfeast
- wolfchylde likes this
- seaside-home likes this
- spacebootyhunter reblogged this from veganfeast